The goal of Training & Placement Cell is to Provide employment opportunities and world class training to IIIT Students in leading institutions. The Cell is well equipped with ample infrastructure in Terms of class rooms, GD rooms,Conference Room, Auditoriums for Pre Placement Trainings, Seminars etc.
IIIT Bhubaneswar provides its students with pre-placement training sessions to groom them into individuals of competence to compete at the global level. The students take classes to sharpen their quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning abilities. Rigorous mock group discussion and personal interview sessions are held to broaden their stance. Understanding the significance of the NAC-Tech in IT/Engineering industry we have made it mandatory that every student focusing on recruitment to take the test. In addition the placement cell organizes regular tests to evaluate the students on the basis of their preparedness in quantitative aptitude, reasoning, GD-PI and technical skills. Virtual campus drives are also conducted to warm up the students prior to their attending the placement drives.
IIIT Bhubaneswar arranges seminars and talks with different eminent people and leaders from around the corner. It encourages students to participate and learn new industry-related techniques and process from the leaders themselves. It has been actively organised in a regular time period. Understanding the significance of the latest technologies in IT/Engineering industry we have made it a point that every student attends the seminars and gets to know about them. These seminars help the students in making good research projects and get experienced before joining the company.
Click here to see the list of seminars
Internships and Projects
The institute also encourages its students to work as interns in various organizations to gain practical knowledge in their respective fields because we understand that experience always adds a feather to the hat of success. Students indulge in rigorous technical trainings and project work to keep them updated with latest happenings in the field of technology. It has been a part of the curriculum since its inception. The training our students undergo enable them in excelling at various fields and even achieve pre-placement offers at various esteemed companies. In the year 2015, 11 students were selected for internship at Dell and in the year 2016, 20 students were selected for the same. It will be our pleasure to assist you in recruitment process to build a prolific relationship and meet the challenges ahead.
List of Seminars Arranged
- A session by M/s Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd on "Odisha State Resident Data Hub (SRDH) and Aadhaar enabled service delivery" on 31.03.2016.
- Rahul Sachdev from SAP University Alliences,India Sub-continent conducted a seminar on 26th August 2016.
- A session by the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. to spread knowledge about financial market and to promote financial literacy programs among the students on 27th March 2015
- Dr. Bedabrata Chand and Dr. Sushanta Kumar from IIT Madras delivered a talk to motivate the students for higher education on 20th March 2015.
- A mock career enhancement Test (comprising of GD and PI) conducted by FACE on 2nd February 2015
- TCS conducted a workshop on 15th November 2014 i.e. Saturday at IIIT Bhubaneswar.
- Seminar by Mr.Ashish Tanwar, Dell Inc.
- Technical Seminar on "Industrial Automation" conducted by Prolific systems & Technologies Pvt. Ltd on 17-01-2015
- Seminar by Mr Tabrez Khan (Application Engineer – MathWorks India Pvt Ltd) on Design of Signal Processing, Computer Vision and Communication Systems with MATLAB and Simulink
- Mr. Shashank Thapliyal Director Sales (Government Vertical) delivered a talk on enterprise features of EDB.
- Prof. Debi Prasad Choudhary of California State University Northridge shall deliver a talk at IIIT Bhubaneswar on 7th January 2015
- Dr. Shanta Laishram, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi delivered a talk on the topic "Number Theory and Cryptography"
- Centre Head of TCS, Bhubaneswar Mr. Manoj Panda delivered a "Tech Talk"