The Institute conducts a number of contests and competitions to foster a spirit of competitiveness among the students. The students are encouraged to participate in the well-known tech-fests and cultural fests in the country. The students have been consistently participating in such contests in large numbers and have been winning these contests.
- National Hackathon InnoBuzz at VSSUT Burla 2019
The team consisting of 2 members Tapaswin Padhy and Sweta Swagatika, won the 2nd position in the National Hackathon InnoBuzz at VSSUT Burla.
- Smart India Hackathon 2019
Team "HIMANI" secured the 1st Position under the problem statement of Manipal Health Enterprise in the Smart India Hackathon, 2019 organized by Ministry of HRD, AICTE on 2nd - 3rd March, 2019. The winning project idea was "Smart and Optimised Parking Solution for Hospitals". The project received huge appreciation from the judges and its a great innovation and a step forward to the increasing concern of availability of optimised parking spaces in hospitals.
The members of the team were:
- Sweta Kabi (3rd Yr, ETC)
- Baibhav Kumar (3rd Yr, ETC)
- Arijeet Satapathy (3rd Yr, IT)
- Sweta Swagatika (3rd Yr, CE)
- Kaushiki Agarwal (3rd Yr, CE)
- Tapaswin Padhy (3rd Yr, CE)
- UtkalHacks 2019
Team "Marvellous" from IIIT Bhubaneswar secured 2nd Position in the UtkalHacks 2019 organized in Ravenshaw University on 15th-17th March. The winning project idea was "Smart Classroom - Academic Assessment using Sentimental Analysis of Students and Teachers". The project received huge appreciation from the judges for this innovative project.
- Aditya Prakash (3rd Yr, CE)
- Soumya Ranjan Mohanty (3rd Yr, CSE)
- Amiya Kumar Tripathy (3rd Yr, CSE)
- Bishal Subhadarshi Jena (3rd Yr, CSE)
- ACM India Compute 2018
Two of our ACM Chapter members - Saurabh Kumar and Rama Krishna Pinnity - represented the Chapter and secured the third position in the poster competition at ACM India Compute 2018 which was held in Chandigarh.
- UnitedbyHCL Hackathon
Team named “PLUTOAR”, from IIIT BHUBANESWAR, consisting of Shourya Pratap Singh, Ankit Kumar Panda, Susobhit Panigrahi and Ajaya Kumar Dash participated. They won the first prize among 13,000 participants across the world. They were awarded a cash prize of 5,000 USD.
- Google Summer Code 2017
Shibasis Patel worked with Tammo Jan Dijkema, Gijs Molenaar under the project “Python-Casacore (Open Astronomy)”. The project was about improving the python-Casacore code-base, making it more robust and write mox tat and porting its python bindings from using: python to pybind11.
- ACM ICPC Amritapuri Regional 2017
- Team “tillwecollpse” with its members Prateek Pattnaik ,Bibhu Prasad Pala and Naweed Imroze have participated and recognized.
- Another team,”Pseudo_algos” with its members Shubham Rath, Aman Gupta and Shivank Tripathy have participated and recognized.
- GDG Bhubaneswar 2017
Three teams qualified for the grand finale of GDG Bhubaneswar Hackathon 2017. Sai Saswat Sahu and Avijit Nanda won the 2nd position. They won a cash prize of H5000.
- Texas Instruments India Analog Maker Challenge-2015
Soumya Ranjan Sahoo, Ashok Vamsidhar Panda, Devasish Sahoo and Chhotrai Soren won the competition and were awarded with eZ430- Chronous Development Watch and a TI Certificate.
- Google Summer of Code 2015
Aroonav Mishra worked with Mark Kretschmann and Mamarok in the Google Summer of Code-15 under the organisation KDE on the project titled, “Porting of Amarok to Qt5/KF5”.
- Google Summer of Code 2014
- Asish Panda worked with Albert Shih, David PS, and Steven Christi in the Google Summer of Code-14 under the organisation Python Software Foundation (SunPy) on the project titled, “Re-Implementation of SunPy WCS as SunPy co-ordinates using Astropy”.
- Subhashish Pradhan worked with Albert Samuel Thibault in the Google Summer of Code-14 under the organisation GNU Project (GNU Hurd) on the project titled, “Porting Valgrind to GNU Hurd”.
- Anirudha Bose worked with Vassil Georgiev Vassilev in the Google Summer of Code-14 under the organisation CERN on the project of creating a platform-independent tool for continuous integration and packaging of Cling, based on LLVM and Clang
- Mentoring of Engineering Student by INAE Fellow
2013 batch ETC branch students ( Swastik Mohapatra, Sidhanta Mohanty, Satya Narayana Dash and Prasant Swain) have presented a paper in Springer International Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking and Information, Raipur. This paper( ICACNI-238) has been awarded as the best paper in Advances in Images and Video Coding session.
- Best Paper Award in ICACNI-13
Gourab Chowdhury worked as a research fellow under the prestigious, "Mentoring of Engineering Students by INAE Fellows 2015" programme. He was among the 38 students who were selected from all over India to work on research projects during the summer of 2015. He has worked on, "Gene Selection and Evaluation in Microarray Datasets using Natural Computing" at the Machine Intelligence Unit, ISI Kolkata under IEEE fellow Prof Sushmita Mitra.
- Google Summer of Code 2013
2016 batch B-Tech Computer Science student Anirudha Bose worked with Michael Goffioul to remove the dependency and improve the binary packaging to install OCTAVE on Windows or Mac OS X in this Google Summer of Code.
- SOA Quiz Wiz
2015 and 2016 batch students Akash Choudhury and Satwik Raut won the 'SOA Quiz Wiz', a national-level quiz competition among undergraduate students, at the SOA University here on Sunday.A large number of teams, from the State and outside, participated in the gruelling contest of which six teams survived the preliminary round to qualify for the final.
- GIMP Contest in IIT Madras
2013 batch students Punyashlok Dash and Prateek Roy made us proud when they beat students from all over India in GIMP contest by IIT Madras.
- TITE Annual State-level Debate
2016 batch B.Tech Computer Science student Snehasis Misra bagged the first prize in the Annual State-level Debate Competition conducted by TempleCity Institute of Technology & Engineering (TITE), Bhubaneswar
- ARIFIN Aptitude Marathon
2014 batch students Debdutta Behura (EEE), Abhijit Routray (IT) and Sanket Patnaik (CSE) proved their quick mettle and spark by bagging prizes at the Aptitude Marathon conducted by ARIFIN, Bhubaneswar.
- IMS Speed Math Competition
2013 batch students Aditya Pinaki Nayak and Bishnu Patra proved their quick mettle and spark by bagging the prize at the speed maths competition conducted by IMS India.
- Robotics accolades
The robotics creed of IIIT-Bh brought a lot of fame by their excellent performance in the inter college technological festivals.
- B-Plan Competition at GITA
2014 batch students Bishal Kumar Sharma, Ira Mohanty and Srinath Satpathy presented their start-up idea Kaleidoscope Technology (which deals in Home-security, house-automation, lighting system) in the,Maniax, held at GITA, Bhubaneswar and won the first prize in the competition.
- BPUT Debate
2013 batch student Ankit Anupam, bagged the first prize third time in a row at the state level debate competition conducted by BPUT.